Red Thread to Sophia

Friday, May 18, 2007

Poppa -

I just don't even know where to start. I received a call last night that my Poppa had a stroke on Monday and has been in a coma for the fast few days. My mind is in a haze really. Poppa is my grandfather through my bio dad's side. To make it clear I have nothing to do with my bio dad. Still, I loved my grandparents. That is a bond that all the drama in the world could break. There are so many things running through my head. Why weren't we told on like Monday? I live in Colorado. He lives in Texas. How else were we going to find out? To be nice I guess, I told my Aunt that I would track my bio dad down. I can't/won't have any contact with him, but I would do my research. So I guess that this is where I tell you that I had to call to find out what prison he was in this time. My heart is in shambles right now. I'm pissed off because it was just last night that was told. I'm ashamed that I had to call and request inmate information. The worst part is that I'm so sad that I cannot manage to make it an hour without a breakdown. I worry that I might not have been a good enough grand-daughter. Did I write enough? Did I show my love enough? Did I try to visit enough? I really don't think so.

1 Comments:

At 20 May, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

mol - I'm so sorry to hear about your poppa. I know that you loved him enough, and I'm sure that he knows it too. He would tell you so, if he could. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you....
I love you with all my heart...
ang

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home