Red Thread to Sophia

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Perspective -

I weighed myself before getting in the shower this morning. The exact weight made me laugh. This particular number that I will not share broke my heart when I reached it three and a half years ago. I was devastated to come back from my honeymoon and see THAT number on the scale. I never forgot it. I never forgave myself for it. Naturally, I surpassed that number long ago. This morning as I saw that old familiar number but it was a completely different reaction from the last time that I had seen it. I was thrilled to see it again. Truthfully it was like visiting with an old friend. At my largest I was LARGE. Then I transformed my mind and body into a dieting machine. I have no idea how I did it or how to get that back. I got down to a normal person weight and felt so great about myself. I vowed to never see my weight go up again. HA Ha! The weight came on slow at first, but over time I could pack it on in no time. In the five years that I have moved to Denver I had gained back like forty pounds of the seventy I had originally lost. I see my new dieting struggles in a different light than I did before. I know now that I am not always going to have the same steam and that it is easy to slip back into bad habits. If I should gain back everything I have worked so hard to lose than I need to just learn from it. There is no reason to blame or make excuses. I'm in a much better mind set than I may have ever been in my life. I'm proud of that right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home