Red Thread to Sophia

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Accentuate the positive -

As you may have guessed, my husband aka Frenchie, speaks with a very thick accent. We have been together for five years and I still struggle from time to time to understand what the hell he is trying to say to me. Miss Russia has a very thick accent as well. She also giggles between every word, so it's an added bonus. Try as I might I can't mimic Frenchie's accent, but I don't have the same issue with that Russian chick. I can't even help it, I have to "do her" while even talking to her not to mention about her. The best part is that she NEVER seems to get that I'm doing it. Then of course that makes me giggle. Between the two of us you would think that we are twelve year old girls at a slumber party with the exception of the name calling and dirty talk. To get to the point, last night Frenchie decided to join in on my fun and "do her" too. I have never heard anything so butchered in all my life. His Miss Russia impersonation was a cross between his own French accent with a Spanish and German twist. I about died. It's like the Govenator meets Antonio Bandaris (as Puss in Boots) meets Michel (from Gilmore Girls). My personal favorite is when he "does" my mom. It's not just the horrifically BAD southern accent that he thinks is so dead on, but his voice goes to the high pitched squeal. I love it that he gets so proud that he has just "nailed" her. He puffs up like a peacock in sheer indulgence of his mimicking genius. God I love that man!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home