Red Thread to Sophia

Monday, April 09, 2007

Rug burn -

Well the two day referral batch is still a rumor at this point. Still, it's not looking good. I'm trying hard not to get upset about it. Tears well up in my eyes every time that I think about it. My eyes sting as I try to fight it back.

My stitches came out just fine. It was like freedom to have them removed.

I'm really working on keeping my strength for Miss Russia's baby shower. I just have this fear that someone will ask me about the wait for our adoption. I realize that the day is not about me, but it's a shower and there will be baby talk all around. Z is very sweet to deal with my stress about it. Even Miss Russia is being super supportive of my freakishness. My sister A will be there to deflect for me too. God love her for that. It will be my first baby shower in four years. I'm hoping that with such great friends there that it will give me the courage to go to more in the future. I really don't enjoy my freak outs and avoiding these types of events.

So I have to laugh at myself. I am extremely clumsy. I was doing some ironing this weekend. I'm not really sure how it happened, but I got super carried away and my iron went flying. It finally hit floor in the hallway. I went and picked it up as soon as it landed, but it was too late. I burned my carpeting. I didn't even know that was possible, but I did it just the same. We have tan berber carpeting, so the burn showed up really badly. It's important to me that my house looks. I'm not like obsessed, but it is a big deal. The burned carpeting was killing me. So my fix was to trim the carpet. Ever try to give a "hair cut" to berber? In case you were wondering it's not so easy. I do have to say that it didn't turn out so bad. You can still see that there is a spot and the texture of the carpet there is like the scratchy side of velcro. So I guess this teaches me to iron in the kitchen for carpet safety sake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home