Red Thread to Sophia

Monday, May 14, 2007

Wicked M-Word Day ....

Every single year since Frenchie and I decided to have a family I have told myself that THIS is the last year that I will not be a mom on Mother's Day. It's always a very hard day, but each time I sooth myself with the idea that it will be different next year. There have been lots of next years and every year the pain is immense. I did not do that this year. I tried a more realistic approach. There were no promises to myself that I knew would just be broken. I kept so busy all weekend to perhaps keep ahead of it all. It's a hard thing to to hide from your feelings. I don't know how those women like me do it. They always take this very special day and focus on those moms that they love. Maybe I'm just too selfish, but I can't do that. Here is where I confess my sins. I refused to pick up the phone yesterday. I did not even call my own Mom and Grandma. It's not that I wasn't thinking of them and wishing them a wonderful day. Who could not? The thing is that I could not run the risk of them mentioning that it was a first Mother's Day for both my sisters. I would have broken. That would not have made things good with my Mom or Grandma. It would have hurt my Mom to know that I was in pain. My Grandma would have told me to suck it up and then tell me that she doesn't understand why we are going through China anyway. I would have held that against her. Thankfully, my Mom will totally forgive me. Grandma, well she has three kids, eight grand kids, and six great-grand kids. I think that she was busy enough with the rest of them that my non-call will go unnoticed.

After our crazy day we went to dinner down in lodo with Ang. We billed it as a late birthday present and then went to see Wicked. I had way too much to drink at dinner, but I was very thankful about that. It really shaved away from the edges I had been feeling all day. The crab stuffed salmon from McCormick's is my very favorite dish on the planet. I could live on that stuff. So the highlight of it all was Wicked. I LOVED IT. We may have had the worst seats ever (I'm cheap), but it was the best show that I have ever seen hands down. I must see it again and again. For those of you that don't know the story it's about the Wicked Witch of the West pre being melted with a bucket of water. She is the heroin of the story. She was green and because of that the other kids in school made her an outsider. Her roommate Galinda/Glinda was my favorite. I laughed so hard at her. This was seriously the best musical ever. I can't get the Gravity and Popular songs out of my head. LOVED IT!! It was smart and funny and beautiful. I really recommend this to anyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home