Red Thread to Sophia

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

5 Month LID

Today is our five month anniversary of being LID. I find myself counting the days until the 15th of each month. Not that it's real, but it can feel like we are making progress. The truth of the matter is that I pray that there will be a speed up and that we'll actually get referral by this time next year. I do my best to stay grounded in my expectations. It's a pain that can't be put into words to see that wait grow longer and longer. So here's to my dream that hope prevails and our dreams come true sooner rather than latter.

I "lurk" a blog of a girl that is LID the same day as us. I love it that she does not fall short in her firm belief that we'll be referred in June of 2007. I'm not sure if I wish I were more like her or if I'm better off with my "realistic" view of a stretched out wait. Either way, it's still nice to see this through her eyes.

So last night Ang and I went shopping for my Christmas party dress. I was hoping that I would be able to wear a dress that I already have, but have never worn to the party. That was a joke. I've certainly pudged out since I wore that bad boy last. We went to all the normal places. After only trying on two dresses with one being a maybe it wasn't a fruitful shopping trip. I have not given up. I'll be back out tonight. As I was growing up we never had the money to waste on fancy party dresses. As I was looking through my closet at all the fancy party dresses that I have it was a little odd for me. It's silly but I'm thrilled that I have not only been able to buy all these dresses, but that I've actually needed them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home