Red Thread to Sophia

Monday, November 13, 2006

This and that...

My first quilting class was great. There are six other ladies in my class. Three are old enough to be my grandma and three are old enough to be my mom. All of them are very sweet. Back in the day I was always the youngest, but hasn't been that way for a long time. It was odd to be the youngest by twenty years. I wasn't sure that I'd fit in at first, but after just minutes felt just fine. I should have known. It's not exactly like women my age are chomping at the bit to quilt. I must be an old lady on the inside. It took the entire six hours of class to complete one block. Our homework was to complete the other twelve and then put them together. I seriously spent six hours doing nothing but sewing, cutting, and ironing yesterday. The good news is that my homework is done.

In other greater news Frenchie has been asked to interview in person at Google's Mtn View, CA campus. That's my man right there! As many of you know, this is his dream. I am so proud of him. Let's all keep our fingers crossed!!


I don't have any adoption related news to tell. I guess that they'll be increasing the criteria, but I think that we'll be fine since we are already LID.

1 Comments:

At 14 November, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok....so Frenchie has an interview in California? Does that mean the job is in California, or just interviewing there with the big-wigs for the Denver/Boulder job? Wow....my fingers are soooo crossed for him!!!
Ang

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home