Red Thread to Sophia

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Live and Learn (NOT a negative nelly post)

We are still having the best time with Ayden. Our time is really put into thirds. I have him for a third of the time. Frenchie and I share him a third of the time. That final third is boy only time when I go to bed. In the short time that we have been keeping him I have already started to get wise. First of I do a crappy job of parking in the garage downtown. That way I have at least tried to give enough space between my car and the one next to me to get the car seat in. Speaking of the car seat, I'm getting some real upper body strength toting that bad boy around. As soon as we get home I only have minutes to use the bathroom, change cloths, make him a bottle and grab water for myself. Once I take him into the family room I have to stage everything so that I can hold him and reach anything I might need without pissing him off. When Frenchie gets home it's dinner time. He eats and then he takes Ayden while I do. The both of us are really good about jumping to meet his needs. If I have Ayden in hand then Frenchie will go prepare a new bottle. If Frenchie has him, I'll go get him a soda (Frenchie not the small baby). We are learning as we go. We still have lots of stuff to find out. One example is when people with babies have sex? Since we would not be alone until Saturday Frenchie and I were trying to schedule it. Doesn't scheduling intimacy sound cool? The best part of that was that the time we came up with 7:00 AM on Saturday. Like that's going to happen! So this baby sitting gig has, so far, worked out well for all of us. Frenchie and I get time, if only pretending, to be parents. Ayden gets a ridiculous amount of attention. While his mom gets to know that he is being taken care of and loved when she's at work. I have to say that I really think that he's good for my own state of mind. I get to use a part of myself that I started to feel was gone. He needs me to be maternal and loving. I need to remember that it is and has always been the biggest and best part of me. Besides, getting a sneak peak of Frenchie as a dad is better than cash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home