Red Thread to Sophia

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Since I haven't blogged in a while>>

I broke another hair dryer this morning. I am death to all hair dryers. It's not personal, but I kill them dead. I've decided that I need the one that Princess Vespa had in Space Balls.

I realize that the hair dryer topic is so wonderful, but on to new an better things. I had a great weekend! I went with a girlfriend to look for wedding gowns. I love that feeling when you are with someone and it is THE DRESS. It give you goose bumps, butterflies in the stomach, and gets you all choked up. It's a totally chick thing, but it's a magical chick thing. I also went to see my little premie buddy Ayden. What a porker. He's up to three pounds and compared to the last time I saw him he really has gotten huge. He is now in the big boy NICU. I'm so proud of him. While we were there I heard about a program that the hospital has called "Cuddlers". The deal is that you can volunteer to hold the babies. Those little guys needs to be held and their parents don't also live near by to visit them every day. So there are people that come in to give some love. I figure that it's a great idea for someone like me. I don't have my Sophia to hold and there are babies that don't have their parents around to hold them. I've already e-mailed the hospital to inquire more about the program.

I got the dress in for A's wedding. It's a great dress, but I really need to get rid of a few pounds. I'm working on it and so far so good. I figure that all I can do is my best. I'm not going to go on some starvation crash diet in order to look perfect in it.

In just a few days we'll be taking off for N's wedding in Seattle. The next few weeks are so busy. I think busy is good to keep my mind off everything. There is one small worry that I have. When A and N get together there will be a lot of baby talk. It's really going to be the number one subject for everyone. I guess that we'll see if I'm going to stand on my own two self absorbed feet or if I'll crumble into a giant mess. The hardest part is my dad. The man has dreamed of grandkids forever. This is not an excitement that he'll be able to control. I think that it will kill me a little to know that I was not able to give him that excitement myself. Or worse, what if he feels that he has to hide his excitement from me?

It's been nice the last few weeks. I have had a lunch date every day for the last three weeks. I usually sit here at work and read the Rumor Queen by myself while eating left overs. It's great to be able to go out with a girlfriend and just chat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home