Red Thread to Sophia

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Top 5..........

Top 5 things you should never say to people adopting from China:

5. "You are such a good person for adopting. Do you know that they do to those girls over there?" - I'm not saving Sophia. She's saving me.
4. "Why would you go half way across the world when we have kids here that need homes? I believe that you should do for your own first." - It's an extremely personal decision and you can never really understand until you are the one making it. If you feel so strongly than you can start paper work for your own adoption.
3. "Will you tell her that she's adopted?" - Yes, I have in fact been asked this question. The answer is no. I've decided to let her figure it out on her own. That will make for delightful teen years won't it?
2. "I bet you any amount of money that as soon as you get her you'll find out that you are pregnant." - I loathe these people. We are BOTH INFERTILE. SHUT UP!! You are not cute and it's not the way that it works.
1. "Just be patient. It will happen." - I loathe you the most. If I become a serial killer you are the first on my list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home