Red Thread to Sophia

Tuesday, January 02, 2007


We got free box tickets with VIP parking for the Colorado Mammoth at the Pepsi Center. I had never been to a lacrosse game, had box tickets, or the extra VIP perk. I had two extra tickets so Bill & CC joined us. I'm so glad that they did since we all had a great night. The game was really fun. It's really a lot like hockey except for the ice and the netted sticks. Still it's as exciting and violent. I think that we have all found a new sport that we dig. The box was really cool too. I'm not sure that I want to back to regular seats any more. The other box tickets were used by my friend Shayna and her buddies. I could not have imagined a better night with a better group of people.


Our NYE was pretty quiet. We spent it with Shane. We went to a nice dinner and followed it up with playing games and drinking at my house.


Frenchie will start a new job downtown tomorrow. I think that it's okay to say now that he was laid off of work just over two weeks ago. He did receive enough severance to get us by for a little while, but it was still very stressful. Growing up my Dad got laid off the job several times. The stress from that during my childhood has made me a bit freakish about security. I did have a couple of small break downs, but nothing too major. I was pretty happy with that. I do have to mention how smart my big boy is. I have never seen so much interest so quickly for anyone. He sent his resume out and instantly people were calling in droves. I can't believe how quickly he got a job. Really we went through two major storms that shut down the city plus Christmas. I am so proud to be married to the guy that everyone wants. Even once he excepted the new job employers were still calling him for other positions. He's been the prom queen for a couple of weeks and that has been great for him. He really is excited to start the new job. He has hated not working these last couple of weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home