Red Thread to Sophia

Monday, December 18, 2006

Chit to the chat...

Well, I'm feeling MUCH better. I can't ever remember having the stomach flu that bad in my life. It was insane how bad it got.

The entire quilting thing got me into thinking about my home ec teacher. Mrs K was that teacher that allowed me to see myself for who I was. I adored this lady. She was the sponsor teacher for the FHA and I became the president. This was a big deal to me and I was really good at it. She taught me how to embrace my own skills. I'm a better person for it today. So I googled her. I found the school that she now teaches in as well as a picture of her and an e-mail address. So after all this time I e-mailed her. I had hoped that she would remember me, but I did understand that she had a hundred students that perhaps felt that they were special to her. I was so excited to get a response from her this morning. Not only did she remember me, but she remembered everything about me. She reminded me of friends that I had back then and even asked about my sister A. I was thrilled to say the least. She confirmed that I had been one her very favorite students as well as a friend in all her years as a teacher. What do you even say? I felt just as special today as I did back in high school.

We went to Puff's last night for a holiday dinner with all of our friends. It was so great. The room was beautiful. The food was too good and plentiful. It was just great to see those guys that I don't get to see very often.

As far as the holidays go I'm not Scrooge, but not exactly in the spirit this year. I feel like I'm just going through the motions, but I'm not really into it. Not a big deal. I guess that since it's just me and the big guy that there is no little person to really get into it for. I just pray that next year we might have Sophia and a true blessing for the holiday.

Now that we are officially six months into our referral wait I'm not sure how to feel. It's a treadmill and we are moving to stay in the same place. When we first looked into the China program there was only a six month wait from LID to referral. These days we only know that as each month of batches come out we only get further and further away from seeing our little girl. I can't blame anyone or anything. It's just the hand that we have been dealt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home