Red Thread to Sophia

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Talking about the new regs

It looks so far like I was correct about the new regs by the CCAA will not take affect until May 2007. This is very good news for Frenchie and I. We would have most likely been fine anyway, but I'd rather have not had to find out. To me, it seems like the new regs are being put into place to bring down the number of people adopting from China. There are still hundreds of thousands of children in orphanages. That has not changed. The fact still remains that out of those children only a very small percentage are allowed to be adopted out internationally at this time. As I have explained before this is the reason that our wait times get longer and longer. The wait is hard and I will never say other wise. Still, I have to keep in mind that these are children that we are talking about. It's easy to slip into the supply and demand aspect of it all. That is not something that I want to do in this post. I know very well that China sets their rules for a reason. The thing is that I also know far too well that it's crushing to think perhaps you will never get a child due to one of the regs. My heart goes out to those that will be turned away. It could have easily been me. There are many people that were planning on adopting again and this has hurt them greatly. One of the many blogs that I read had a posting of a lady that felt like this was infertility all over again. It broke my heart to hear that. I will not invalidate her feelings. I will say that she has a beautiful daughter from China and has that joy that so many may never know. There are others that ache because they do not feel that there family is yet complete. I'm sincerely sorry that the new regs could mean that it never will. It's just a hard call. From my position I don't understand. Even if were are only blessed with one child that is more than I ever hoped could happen for us. Still, it does not mean that their feelings are any less than mine. I just can't fully get a grasp on it. I know that it is simply that from where I'm at I can't see anything except for my very own pain. No matter couples with no children or a family of five, we all get hurt and ache for what we can't or even don't yet have. I just want to be a mom. It becomes hard to keep the faith that I will one day hold my daughter (or son) in my arms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home