Red Thread to Sophia

Friday, December 22, 2006

It's going to be a white Christmas!




In 2003 we had a nice little blizzard that kept us trapped in the house for four days. It really wasn't too hard on us. Frenchie was able to work from home. I was on vacation that week anyway. Neither one of us was out in the storm. We only saw the view from our living room windows. That storm was much worse than what we faced this week. Still, I wasn't sure that I was going to make it home on Wednesday night. I was unable, due to the masses of people, to get home Wednesday afternoon. I headed over to some friends' house. By the way, I am so grateful to Ang, Puff and, Mark for letting me crash for a couple of hours. Once I was calm, rested, and ready to head out again it was dark and there had been an additional couple of inches hit the ground. I have never in my life seen what I faced on my drive home. Thankfully there was nobody out on the roads. There were times that I was in a full on white out and would have to just stop in the middle of the interstate. What was normally three lanes of traffic became one. I was truly terrified that I wasn't going to make it home. I could not see my exits. There were cars abandoned every where. I was never so happy to get home.

I'll include pics of my house and even my boys from next door.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home