Red Thread to Sophia

Friday, December 22, 2006

After the storm.....

One of the things that really bothered me about the storm was the lack of human interest by employers. In my own personal experience, there were many people put out at me for not staying at work. Those people were far away from the storm and comfortable in the thought that they were going to make it home. Here in Denver we did not have that same comfort. It was ridiculous at the way that I was treated. It wasn't just me either. I heard countless stories of employees not allowed to leave. It was bad enough to have to come in, but very wrong to have to stay. I think that every employer that would not let their staff go should be completely ashamed of themselves! It makes me sick that we value productivity more than the safety.

On the other side of the coin I also witnessed people helping each other out. There were people out in that storm just there to help others in need. It really did make you feel better to know that in bad situations that there are people that are willing to lend a hand. It makes the world a better place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home