Red Thread to Sophia

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

My Weekend

I had a great weekend despite the fact that I had to spend a few hours at work to start it off. Ang and I went to see Stomp the Yard on Saturday. It was a guilty pleasure movie. It was so great to hang out with her. I'd really missed that. Frenchie and I continued things on Sunday seeing Children of Men. It was good but very dark and sad. We bought a totally cute lamp and a upholstered pink rocking chair with an ottoman for the nursery. It made me feel so good to get something new. It's important to me that there is a room in our home that tells us that we will have a daughter. It's also important that I take my time, not just because I need it to be perfect. It will still be a year or more until we even get a picture, so to have a finished nursery would kill me. I met back up with Ang to see Alpha Dogs yesterday. It was so good that it surprised me.

Today at work has been, oh lets say hell! I had a great few days. I really felt like me again this weekend. Now, it's back to being stressed and on the edge of a cliff. I'm not sure if it's me that can't break away from the job or the job can't breakaway from me. Either way it sucks. I almost wish that they would just let me go. The sad part is that I would have to resort to illegal activity for them to do so. They would be jacked if they let me go, so I'm not seeing that happening any time soon. I'm just not sure that I have courage to leave on my own. I've had this job for almost a third of my life. This is my security blanket. It may be something that I hate, but it's something that I know. I would tell anyone else to quite and find something that made them happy. Still, I don't have the guts to do it. I think that pisses me off more than anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home