Red Thread to Sophia

Friday, January 12, 2007

Just bitching about work.....

Wheeewww.... This week has almost killed me. I'm stretched too far and about to crack. I am the only person in my company that does what I do. We have over 30 locations that rely on me to take care of them. The issue is that there is more work than one person can possibly do. Everyone wants to be placed in my first priority slot all the time. Then there is the added pressure of new projects and products. I'm expected to not only keep up with it all but to be an expert at ever angle. It's just too much. I don't want to say that my issues are ignored, but it's fair to say that nothing has been addressed by management. There are always promises of developments that will reduce my work flow. I'm not going to hold my breath. My boss is located in GJ about 4 hours from here. I have no problem working on my own. In fact I really like it. I just hate to be forgotten. I'm not seen and there for easily forgotten. Yes, I do see motherhood as my ticket out of here. It would be stupid for me to commute an hour and a half every day. It would not be fair to anyone if I came home to my daughter the way I come home now. My hope is that I'll be a stay at home mom until she's ready to go to school. If that does not work out for us then I'll get a part-time job close to home. I will not come back here. I'm not saying that I work for a bad company, but it's truly not as perfect as they would lead you to believe. In the beginning I sipped the kool-aid out of peer pressure. My beloved Shane felt at the time that it was prestigious to work for this company. At one point in time he told Ang that she was not company material. For years he drank it all up. I truly believe that if he had not been let go he would still feel the same way. I guess that I can see both the good and bad of this place. I see what connection and money will force us into doing. So really, unless that kool-aid is spiked just keep it away from me. I thank this company for allowing me to become what I am in my feild. There aren't many people that have such a cushion to fall back on. Still, this is not what I ever really dreamt I would do. Half the time, people including my own family, have no idea what I do for a living. So until that motherhood position opens up for me, I'll be here. I'll be overly stressed. I'll be under paid. I'll be dreaming of walking out the door.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home