Red Thread to Sophia

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Awards Dinner

I just got a call from my president here at work (my boss's boss). He wanted to let me know that I will be receiving an invitation to our annual recognition dinner. This is a pretty big deal in our company. In the past all employees voted as to who should be given special recognition with at an awards dinner. This year has been changed and now your vote comes from upper management and not your peers. I have been very fortunate in the past and have been invited like six or seven times at this point. Last year was the best. My boss was given like a best boss award for a letter that I had written about him. They read it out loud and it was so great. That little man grew a foot that night. We are close friends, but not touchy feelie. I can tell you how many times he wanted a hug that night. It was good for me to be able to do something for him that showed how much I love him. Because I do. He's my boss, my friend, my enemy, and that brother I never really wanted. Anyway, so I feel so aggravated. I was actually searching for jobs on-line when my president called me. That's so wrong. It's not upper management that I have beef with in my job. It's the job itself, the fact that there is way too much for one person, and Fartman. I loathe Fartman. For what ever reason he has decided that he needs to have something to do with my job. Does he want to help me? Um no. Does he have any clue as to what he's talking about? Um no. He's actually just making my life much worse. Claims that we do not do as much as we could. Proceeding forward with everything this company believes is wrong. I'm not going to say that I hate him, because who says hate. I will say that he is the closest person on this planet to that word that I feel that way about. And the cherry on top is that he truly feels that my boss and president pale in comparison to him. He talks shit about them, goes behind their backs, and that sneaky SOB is tries to undermine everything that they do. I despise him. I have figured out a way for my life to be so much better. I want them to tell me that Fartman will be taking over my department. I would not hesitate for a second to quit. It's not like my boss would be mad at me that way. There is no guilt there. Screw being a coward about quiting in that case, I would totally have the balls to do it. Company wide people would understand since everyone feels the exact same way. I'm just not sure how to feel about the invite. Of course, I'm very pleased that I would be invited. On the other hand I know that I will be pushed to the point of rage by the end of the day. My mind is going through this love/hate thing right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home