Red Thread to Sophia

Monday, October 16, 2006

Weekend Update

So the weekend did not start off too swell. I had a big melt down Friday night. I'm not okay. I'm a very angry and hurt girl. Not that I really want to talk about it. In fact, I think that I'm going to no longer discuss the adoption at all with people. I just can't do it any more.

Saturday morning a mean old lady snapped at me at Weight Watchers. She works there and made me feel as bad about myself as I could have felt. Really, I was crying by the time I walked out the door. It was just a really bad morning. I wish there was a word to explain what it is to feel like a fat, friendless, bitch that can't have and will never have kids. Anyway, we left for our trip. The B&B in Colorado Springs was really beautiful. We were in the master bedroom of the original house built in 1870-ish. We forgot to get any pictures of it so you'll have to take my word that it was really beautiful. We spent a lot of time just driving around finding fun stuff to do. Dinner was very nice. We found a cute little Italian restaurant. After dinner we enjoyed the GIANT soaking tub before going to bed.

Sunday morning we went down for breakfast. They served this egg and ham gross stuff. I ate as much as I could to be polite. It was a very comfortable setting and we enjoyed it very much. After checking out the city's giant historical homes we decided to head up the road to catch our train. It was a nice leisurely drive. Once on the train we picked our seats and got too comfortable. Frenchie got snapped at by a train person for having his feet on the seat facing him. We lucked out in the seats that we picked. They were on the best side of the train. They were also between the dining cart and the bathrooms. We spent some time on the open air car. It was perfect. The weather was sunny and warm. We really did luck out all the way around. We have decided to come back and do it again. After the train ride was over we headed back home. I got a call from Little Miss Russia. She's so funny. She was excited and trying to be coy, so it wasn't easy to understand. She said that she had news for me and I had three guesses as to what it might be. Well it doesn't matter how many I missed what does matter is her news. She is going to have a baby!! I love her, there is no doubt about that. She and I had discussed kids before. The thing is that I have known Timothy for years. Since the day that I met him I knew how badly he wanted to have that family. It truly did touch my heart that he is going to have one. It's silly. I was ecstatically happy for her, but I was happy in my soul for him.

1 Comments:

At 16 October, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok...so what the hell did the WW bizitch do? Do I need to go and knock her teeth out?

I'm glad that you and Frenchie had a good time in the springs anyway...

Love you,
ang

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home