Red Thread to Sophia

Friday, September 22, 2006

Getting Schooled...

We have our first CCAI class tomorrow. I believe that is Parenting Through Developmental Stages. It's one of the three required classes that we have to take. I figure that once we get through those three we can decide what would be the best classes for us personally to take. I'm really interested in the baby sign language class that they offer. CCAI really does offer some great sounding classes. I'm just happy that we are not too far away from CCAI so that we don't have to make travel arraignments to do them. I do wonder what those people who live 6 hours away handle them. I would just love it if I could make friends with a "mom" in the class. I'm only semi-outgoing. At work I'll make friends with anyone that I want, but in my home life not so much. I don't know why that is. I'm a completely different person at work than I am at home. At work I'm confident in who I am. I have tons of friends. I'm funny and will dish it out to just about anyone that can take it. At home I can only seem to makes friends with the neighborhood kids. I just don't know how to make the parents my buddy. I'm not in control and I feel very self conscience. Still, I would really like to make friends with somebody that I can connect with. Someone that I can go through the wait together with. I'd like it if Frenchie and I weren't so alone in the adoption. I have the best friends anyone could ask for in real life. There numbers aren't huge, but it's quality over quantity that counts. The thing is that they don't really know and as much as they try that will never change. It's like I can feel for Shane's struggle trying to find love and friendship in homoland. I just can't know what he's really going through because I'm not in it. All the love and support that I give doesn't take away from the fact that he's going through it alone. So, the point is that I'd really like to get myself an adoption buddy. I would like to be there to support a friend that's going through the same thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home