Red Thread to Sophia

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I'm so excited! I get to see Dave Matthews Band tonight! I love them and have never been able to see them live. It's not for a lack of touring. It's just that the timing never worked out before. I'm so happy that it has now.

I'm still not sure where my future lies at work, but for now I think that I'm okay. I've just been told to prepare for changes and that we need to look at the big picture.

Going back to the latest wedding. The days before were very scheduled and rushed. A and I literally had no room in our day to very from the schedule. It was nice to be so involved in the wedding work. It made me feel like more than a member of the bridal party. I really liked Steve's friends that were involved as well. And naturally I'm even more endeared to Steve. I really dig it that he feels comfortable enough with me to show his jerk-ass side. Anyway, the day before the wedding was rainy and cold. It must be a thing with us sisters because just like mine and N's the weather was perfect for the wedding. There was some drama between my sisters. That was hard and I'm not even going to play it like it wasn't. Staying positive about their drama; it's nice to be the favorite!! Speaking of favorites, my Uncle John was there. Some day I'll get all mushy and tell you what this man means to me and how important he is in my life. I'd totally never tell him and I think that he would prefer that. My cousin Caren brought her new husband and new baby. The baby is as damn cute! He looks just like his dad. Her husband seems really nice, but no matter how much I begged I couldn't get him to say much to me. To be honest I don't really care and I don't mean that in a bad way. The thing is that there is such a difference in Caren since she has been with Jack. It's great to see her happy and with no drama. So in the end it doesn't matter if he wants to chat with me or not. I dig him just for making Caren so happy. My grandparents were cute as all get out as usual. I didn't get to spend near as much time with them as I wanted, but the schedule didn't really allow for that. I'll call them this week and try to make up for it. I know that they understand, but it still sucks. If I start talking about the kids I'll never stop, so I'll move. The morning after the wedding we met A & Steve for breakfast before we headed home. They were thrilled with the way that they wedding turned out.

N came home with me so that she could fly out of Denver. It was nice to spend some one on one time with her. Once we got to my house I was able to load her up with baby stuff. Some of the stuff that she had given me when Frenchie and I were trying to get pregnant. She thought that it was funny. I thought that it was sad. I guess there are just two different perspectives to it. I felt bad since she was flying out on 9/11. I didn't want to make a big deal about it or anything so I didn't mention it.

It's crazy to think that 9/11 was five years ago. I'm not sure if it feels longer or shorter than that. Back then I was still in my same job, but doing it from Rifle. I was seeing the biggest bastard on the planet. Buff and I were still roommates. I remember that the person staying with us was pissed because they canceled baseball for like a week after 9/11. What a jack-ass. I was about 25 lbs lighter. I was having a really hard time back then in my personal life. It's just crazy to see they way that the world and my place in it has changed since then. I'm not one of those people that can check out the 9/11 movies. It's still too soon for me. I know that I would not be able to deal at all. Still to this day I think about all the people that were lost. Either in the towers or on a plane, it's just too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home