Red Thread to Sophia

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Cleaning up..

So I just landed a part time job. I'll be picking up where our office cleaners leave off. Yes, I'll be cleaning our suite here at work. Our cleaning people only take out the trash and vacuum. It's gets really dusty and grimey out there. Don't worry, my office is clean because I do it myself. It's an entirely different situation out side my office. So I'll only have to anything every couple of weeks at most. I can do it after my regular job or come in during the weekend. Here is the kicker, they are going to pay me more than my regular pay per hour to do it. Can you believe that! Something tells me that I'm getting jacked during my 9-5. Anyway, I think that this will be a very positive thing. The office will be cleaned to my liking, it won't be pulling me away from home, and the extra cash will be great. I think that the employees will get a good laugh at me in my big yellow rubber gloves. I'm okay with that. There is not a job in the world that I'm too good to do. I have worked two jobs in the past and this will not be nearly as much time out. I know that it sounds goofy to be excited about a cleaning gig, but I figure that I can set that money away and do something fun with it after a while. I don't think that it would be for Sophia as you might think. My plan is to set it aside for Frenchie and myself. I think that it's important that we do stuff for ourselves as well. Our Savanna trip is dead due to all the extra cash that the weddings and babies are costing us. I really do feel that we deserve a trip of our own just the two of us. We work hard and give a lot of ourselves to other people. I don't think that it's selfish at all to do for us once in a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home