Red Thread to Sophia

Friday, September 29, 2006

Happy Birthday Dad!!

Let me start by saying that my dad is my hero. I would have been a completely different person without him in my life. I think that I get my love of kids from him. He doesn't really care if the kid is freaked out by him or not. He just wants to play. The kids in the neighborhood call him the "Candy Man". Why? Because he always has treats for the lot of them. If there is a kid out there with something to sell my dad has got his wallet out. I find that I'm starting to do the same. My dad was there to show me from the age of seven that blood does not make a family, love does. If there was ever a case to be made about love at first sight, it would be that from the moment that we met him we loved him and he loved us too. It's a common statement in our home that my parents didn't get married, all of us as a family got married. My poor dad lived in a house with four girls. He was a little out numbered to say the least. Cramps, girl fights, and drama was his life for all these years. I knew that he always wanted a son, but never once have I heard him say that. He would not have traded one of us for the world. My dad has always supported me in what ever I wanted or needed to do. If I fell, we was there to help me up. That's just the way that my dad is. It's hard sometimes. When I feel that my dad is not being respected as he should be. I feel like kicking some ass. But Dad, he's all about forgiving and being the better person. He's a manly man, but he's all about love and family. My dad and I have a different relationship together than he has with the other girls. It was he and I that only had each other to lean on when my mom was sick. It always meant so much to me that he knew that I was strong enough for him. It really changes your life when your dad sees you as not only an adult but an equal. Yet, my dad will always let me be that little girl when I need my daddy. I guess that's all I have to say about that today. I love you Dad! Have a very happy birthday and be a good boy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home