Red Thread to Sophia

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Three Years.....

It's Frenchie and my 3rd anniversary today. It feels like it's been so much longer than that with everything that we have gone through. We are still happy and in-love. I knew as soon as I met him that I could marry him. In fact I remember calling Buff as soon as I got home and told her that very thing. I may not have understood what he was saying for the most part, but that didn't hinder the fact that I knew he was very kind. He was very sweet from day one. Sure there was that whole little break-up thing, but looking back on it now I see that it needed to happen for us to be together now. Our wedding was so beautiful. I can some times go back to that day and feel the excitement that I felt. I got the greatest guy to marry. He loves me like I always dreamed that someone could. He supports me no matter what. He's always willing to give me space if I need. I'm usually the most proud of myself once he has told me that he is proud. He loves my family and friends just as much as I do. He never minds giving me a back or foot rub when ever I need (or just want). He's a great cook. He's always gentle when I need to be and rough when I need him to be. He's honest. He loves kids and will make a great dad. He's extremely smart. He's not a big sports fan (always a plus in my book). He's not jealous when I play with other boys or crush on a movie star. He accepts my faults and appreciates my strengths. We go to sleep at different times, but he tucks me in every night so that I can go to sleep. Yep, I got a good man (as Salt-N-Peppa plays in my head). We are going to celebrate by taking a weekend trip to a B&B this weekend.

Last night Lost was on. I just wanted to take a moment and say that if I wasn't married to Frenchie my next pick would be Sayid. No, not Naveen Andrews because he's way into older women. I want the character Sayid. The dirty dirty things that I would do to that man. Yummmm.

Also, here is an update on the adoption wait. The Rumor Queen posted today that an agency sent a message to CCAA in China about the wait possibly going up to two years. Here was CCAA's response:
"The waiting time relies on the number of children available for adoption, so itÂ’s difficult to predict the waiting time of 2007. I can only say that 24 months is possible but there is no confirmed information about this. If so, it will increase gradually. So far, we donÂ’t have new policies about this."
It doesn't exactly make me feel all warm and fuzzy to hear this. When we started the process it was a six month wait from LID to referral. During the paper chase it went up to eight and then ten. At the time we were LID it was twelve possibly going to fourteen. It really hit hard to hear eighteen months. I can't even begin to wrap my head around two years. It feels like I'm being violated and punished all at the same time. My heart hurts. And once again, anyone that tells me to be patient can really just go to hell. I don't want to hear it. I try to hold myself together every day. This is not an easy task. I don't mind people asking me about an update, but I have nothing to tell. I would prefer that the questions were not there because it hurts my heart to tell you. I understand that come from a good place and I will never have beef with that. I just can't take the "others".

On the subject of adoption, but norelateded to me in any way. I was listening to the radio the other morning while they were talking about Madonna. Now, I haven't been a fan in years. You know, since she started talking with a British accent. Really, what is that? Anyway they were talking about her adoption an African boy. The boy's birth father had made some statement to the press that he was so happy that his son would grow up to be loved and have the very best that life has to offer. The birth father gave the boy up after his mother had died shortly after the boy was born. He could not take care of his son. The boy has been in an orphanage since. The "radio personalities" were saying that instead of adopting this boy that Madonna should just give the birth father a bunch of money so that he could care for the boy himself. This really pissed me off. I don't think that these peoplfathomom what they are talking about. Adoption is NOT something that you do because you want to be a good person. The adoptee is NOT a charity case. Adoption is about building or adding to a FAMILY. It's NOT about money and it's NOT about doing something good. If that is why someone wants to adopt the I would highl recommend just sending a check instead of bringing a child into your home. I'm far more sensitive to this matter and I understand that. I just see something day in and day out in the press that reflects adoption in a negative way. It really starts to wear you down after a while.

PS - Still HATE my job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home