Red Thread to Sophia

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Our last.....

So last night at the adoption agency I was talking to one of the ladies that works there about wait times and things like that. She was saying that she felt that during the wait celebrations must take place so that it's not all negative stewing and waiting around. I don't disagree with that. My thing is that the next year will be filled with "lasts". It will be my very last most dreaded Mother's Day. I truly hate Mother's Day with everything I have. If there was one day of the year that I could skip, that would be it. That means that it will be Frenchie's last Father's Day without being a dad. The last 4th of July without sparklers to excite my daughter. Our last anniversary that we won't have to get a sitter to celebrate our day. The last Halloween that I don't have a kid of my own to dress up in a cute little costume. The last Christmas where Santa will be skipping our house. I'm excited about our lasts. People always say that if they knew it was going to be last whatever they would have enjoyed it more. Since I do know, I'm really going to take the time to enjoy every last that I have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home