Red Thread to Sophia

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Pregnant Chicks

I get a lot of questions about my feeling about pregnant chicks. Seriously they are popping up every where. When we were trying to conceive, it was hard on me to hear about friends or family that had gotten pregnant. It wasn't that I wished that it was me and not them. It was just my own self pitty and I would have "why not me too" moments. They usually got pregnant without meaning to or on their first month trying. There was even a friend that did not want me to know at all so that I wouldn't be hurt. That was very kind, but it made me feel like a shit friend. I lied a lot during that time. I would make up excuses not to go to baby showers and would just mail a gift. I guess that I just didn't want to put myself through the self pitty or worse, other people's pitty. These days, things are great. I love hearing about all the pregnant girls. I realize that I will have to wait longer to have my baby, but they have to be pregnant (morning sickness, hemroids, stretch marks, LABOR). There is no pitty party. I love the way that feels. I guess through it all I have gone through every emotion. I believe that it has made me a better and stronger person. So to all of those that get knocked up, I am so happy for you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home