Red Thread to Sophia

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Welcome to my NEW world -

I took some time off from blogging to change some things about myself. I left my job of the last nine years. My job was so much more than my job. It was something that I created and brought to life. I loved it very much for a long time. When that love faded I could not let go. I let it almost ruin me. It was a big deal for me to leave, but I FINALLY did it. I have taken a position that pays MUCH less, but in the end I'm getting back so much more. The world of work no longer sits on my shoulders. I'm very happy with this change. Frenchie is so proud of me. That right there was worth it. At my new gig I have decided NOT to tell people about our adoption. There will be no more questions and answers that make me so emotional. I'll be able to put it out of my mind as much as I can. I still think about it every five minutes, but that's much better than it was. Instead of sitting in my office all day alone and left to my thoughts of hurt about the adoption wait I am now surrounded by people. It's really hard to dwell on your own issues when there are people all around you. I won't be able to go so deep into myself. Less me time is a good thing. I really feel like I'm in a great place. Leaving my job was the most drastic thing that I could have done. I did it and feel like a different person.
I'm not really sure what this means for my blog. What will I talk about if not self pitty?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home