Red Thread to Sophia

Thursday, March 01, 2007

My hairy situation....

I have VERY straight "dirty" blond hair. It's not too thick or thin. So as you can imagine it just kinda hangs on my head. There is no body to it at all. So it had gotten too long and was not looking great. I decided to have a cut to give it some shape and take off length. So I had some longer layers put in it with about six inches taken off. I wasn't like thrilled with it, but at least it was a change. After a couple of weeks of getting up early because I had no choice but to curl it I decided to even it out. I go in to a different lady and explained that I would prefer not make the layers so drastic. I didn't want a blunt cut, but I needed the option of being lazy about curling my hair. She said sure and went for it. I have to admit that it was my own fault for not checking, but she styled my hair without showing me the actual cut. I figured okay after she told me that my layers were blended together far better than they were before. STUPID!! The next morning I realized after my shower that she gave me the EXACT same hair cut but two inches shorter. I gave it a few days and went to yet another lady. By this time I was a mess about what was happening to my head. the good thing is that she was so understanding that she gave me a mirror so that I could check very snip. There goes another two inches. My hair looks far from great, but at least I know that in a couple of months it will be much more bearable.

For what ever reason I'm a total coward in the salon. I've never been able to tell someone if I didn't like the job that they did. I just pay my bill and go. I'm not the only one. CC went it to get a nice medium brown color. She walked out looking like she could host Goth Talk. Still, she never said anything to the guy. When does our own self esteem trump the hair dresser's feelings? I'm so eager to please their job, but crying in the car. Why am I so dumb?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home