Red Thread to Sophia

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Let's talk about sex baby...

We have asked for a girl. I realize that when you have a baby naturally this is not a choice. Let's face facts. Adoption is not the same. China is not the same. There are far more girls available. I'm okay with sex selection in this case. If there were an equal amount of boys and girls I really don't see the point in requesting one or the other. I don't remotely feel bad for requesting a girl in this situation. There is certainly a chance that we could be referred to a boy and that's cool too. It would just mean that I'll need to redecorate (a lot). Still those chances are small and we should be referred to a girl. I love that I get to plan on a girl and prepare her room for it. I love all the pretty and pink. Girls have better clothes. It's been my dream forever to be able to do this stuff. It's all very fun. I can't help but to wonder if we will ever have a son. As a man I think that it is important to Frenchie. It's this thing for men to have that strong and masculine son. Growing up there were only girls in my family. I have two sisters and in family there are only granddaughters. I never got the boy thing until Ayden. I had never changed a boy's diaper until Ayden. I guess up until my little man I didn't realize how great boys could be. I guess we'll see what the future holds for us. I have to say that it wouldn't break my heart for Sophie to have a little brother some day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home