Red Thread to Sophia

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Relationship rambling....

I'm not some shy docile thing that feels my place is to serve my husband. I feel I'm a whole human being on my own. I choose to be with Frenchie because I want to. Never would I want to be with someone because I felt incomplete without them. I love my husband dearly, but it is not an easy thing to be married. I struggle to find balance by myself and to toss him into the mix isn't always simple. I am very proud of the marriage that Frenchie and I have. Give or take we truly have an equal partnership. I think that it's important to understand the value of the other. My sisters and friends have very different relationships with their husbands/boyfriends and that's fine. I don't think that there is just one formula to making it work. But do you ever judge the way a couple works together? I do. Is it catty and wrong? Sure thing, but at least I'm honest about it. What's worse is when you can't judge. You know, when both people are really great and have every right to feel the way that they do. I guess that this brings me to the "bad breakerupers". SUE and BOB are both totally great people together and apart. They had been together and then not together (back and forth with that about 12 times) for about four years. I understood why the relationship "ended". There was no big fault, just two great people that weren't working. No bad guy. Still some times it was a train wreck and what can you do about a train wreck? Well they broke up (kinda). They still talk. They still see each other. They actually have way more sex than they did together. They are certainly nicer to each other. But don't think for a moment that they wont correct you to tell you that they are broken up (they just do it badly). But that's just it. This relationship stuff is hard. What do you do when you love someone but it's just not working? There has to be thousands of bad breakerupers out there. There are divorces and break-ups that you can see a mile away. It's easy when there is a bad guy and an idiot. I just don't know what to do when there is not a party that fits either of those categories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home